Saturday, July 6, 2013

My 4th of July

I hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th of July.  I sat out in the front of my apartment building with my family and watched the fireworks, and there were plenty, for several hours.  While I watched I couldn't help but think of how it must have been for all those who gave their lives in wars.  The explosions they heard were not fun but I'm sure brought fear to their hearts as they tried to keep safe as well as do what they were sent to do.  There is so much that has been said about this that I just want to say that I'm very proud to be an American and that I live in this country where I can worship my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ without fear.  We don't know how long we will have this freedom as things are changing every day but I am blessed any way. 
I am working on a shadow box book( from Tim Holtz ) and will post pictures soon.  It is a Christmas display and will go to my sister.  She likes the lodge look and mission style so hope to make it fit her style.    God bless Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment